Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”
– 2 Corinthians 5:17
Jesus Christ makes all things “NEW” for those who place their trust in Him alone for forgiveness and as the Only Way that people can be right with God and saved from the penalty and power of their sin. As a person realizes that he or she has violated Gods Law and lived their life for their sake on their terms rather than for God.
As they realize such is sin and they turn to God and Trust in the finished Work of Jesus Christ; His Life, Death and Resurrection on their behalf as their Sinless Sufficient Substitute who alone has satisfied the Holiness of God on behalf of sinful people -they become “New creatures in Christ .” With union and submission to Jesus Christ as Loving Master come “New” abilities, standings, and privileges with God and before God.
Consider some of what becomes “NEW” to those who are followers of Jesus Christ according to God’s Word, the Bible.
1. NEW Covenant – 1 Cor 11:25 -“In the same way, after supper Jesus took the cup, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of Me.’”
2. NEW Creature – A. – 2 Cor 5:17 – “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” B. – Gal 6:15 – “Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.”
3. NEW Life – Rom 6:4 – “We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.”
4. NEW Way – Rom 7:6 – “But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.”
5. NEW People – THE CHURCH – Eph 2:14-16 – “For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.”
6. NEW Attitude – Eph 4:22-24 – “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”
7. NEW Ability – Eph 4:22-25 – “… be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness…”, Col 3:11- “and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.”
8. NEW Inheritance – Hebrews 9:15 – “For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.”
9. NEW Access – Heb 10:20 -“…by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body…”
10. NEW Order – Heb 9:10 – “They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.”
11. NEW Beginning– I John 1:9 – “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us of our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
12. NEW Song – Isaiah 42:10 – “Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them.”
Revelation 5:9 – “And they sang a new song: ‘You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.’”
13. NEW RESPONSIBILITY – Ministers of a New Covenant – 2 Cor 3:6 – “He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.”
What a Blessing it is to begin the “New” Year or a “New” day knowing that Jesus Christ has made all things “New” for you. It has well been said that “The Christian life is a Multitude of NEW BEGINNINGS.”
Your MAP for today;
M- Meditate – Mediate on the above verses and see what God says about you and what “New” standing and privileges and promises and responsibilities you have because of Him.
A- Application – Bless and thank God for His provision for you of a “New” way, that in Christ you are a “New” Creature – a man or woman without a history – no sin charged against you because of Jesus Christ bearing your sin, shame and guilt. But you have a “New” standing before God and the ability for a new practice because of the power of the Holy Spirit who resides within you. Share these truths with someone else this day. Memorize 2 Corinthians 5:17.
P- Pray – Ask God to make real to you what He has done for you, and by faith live out your “New” Life. Thank Him and Pray for opportunities to share the good news with others of the provision of a “NEW” Beginning.
2 Cor 5:17 – “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”