NOTE- The Introduction to this verse…with the phrase;
“BUT when GOD, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles” (Galatians 1:15-16a).
NOTE- the word, “BUT” at the beginning of the verse. It is THE GREAT DIVINE INTERRUPTION -. Before this verse Paul had been speaking of what life was like before Christ and then a glorious “BUT GOD…”
- Paul’s boast was in his heritage, “But God”
- Paul’s trust was in his religious education, “But God.”
- Paul was a violent aggressor against the church, “But God”
- Paul was antagonistic toward the Lord Jesus, “But God.”
- Paul gave hearty approval to the murder of Stephen, “But God.”
- Paul was lost, “But God.”
- Paul was not seeking a relationship with Jesus, “But God.”
- Paul was comfortable in his lost-ness, “But God.”
- Paul was spiritually dead, “But God…”
How wonderful there is this Wonderful DIVINE INTERRUPTION in a life. What was true of Paul is true of all who have been born from above. There was a “But God…” moment! God INTERVENING in a life and delivering a soul from the kingdom of darkness and transferring them to the Kingdom of His Beloved Son. This may take place over a period of time where God begins to convict a person of sin against Him. He makes the person aware of sin, their selfishness, their total inadequacy to save themselves, please God in their own doing and His bringing them to Himself. This wonderful “crisis,” of a life when God intervenes as He did with Paul. Paul cried out,”Who are You, Lord… and what would You have me to do.” ” I am Jesus…” came the reply. Paul who once persecuted the people of God became one and preached CHRIST. There was a glorious “BUT GOD…” in his life. Have you experienced ,”But God…”. It is not about are you religious, But has your life changed direction?
How wonderful is the GRACE of Almighty God that He would INTERVENE and rescue a soul. How glorious is He and how thankful should we be that there has been a “But God…” in our lives!
Paul said in Ephesians 2:4-“BUT GOD, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).”
1.-RECALL- how God Interrupted your life and met you with Himself. The Divine Interruption!
2. SHARE- with someone about the “But God…” moment in your life when He got your attention and captured your heart by His Divine Grace!
3. PRAISE GOD- for His outlandish Grace that when you did not seek Him, He came and sought you. THANK HIM for His Amazing Grace!