What food is for the physical His Word is food for our soul. Jesus said, Matthew 4:4. “…It is written, ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.’”
Consider SIX ways God’s Word strengthens your mind and heart…
1.- There is POWER for you to be found in His Word when tempted – Three times when tempted He replied ” It is written, it is written, it is written..,”-Matthew 4:4,7,10
2. -There is COMFORT for you to be found in His Word -“This is my comfort in my affliction, That Your word has revived me.” Psalm 119:50. This verse is very personal to me during my illness.
3. -There is ENCOURAGEMENT for you to be found in His Word – ” For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures…”- Romans 15:4
4. – There is HOPE for you to be found in His Word- ” For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that …we might have hope.”- Romans 15:4
5. -There is FREEDOM for you to be found in His Word -“…and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”- John 8:32
6. -There is CHRIST for you to be found in His Word. The Word testifies to Him and the meaning of life revealed in His Word- “Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.“- Luke 24:27
His Word strengthens you in times of temptation, strength for your soul, comforts, encourages, produces hope, liberates, reveals life and the resurrected Lord reveals Himself through it! So can you see some reasons the evil one attacks your time in the Word, because of the spiritual benefit it can do for you. He hates God and he hates you and wants to “kill steal and destroy…” you and substitute the “Bread Of Life,” with things that can never feed your soul! These are but a few reasons to hide His Word in your heart. We often say I can’t memorize but we can memorize pay day! So it is the importance we place on something often decides the time, attention we give to something or Someone! If you memorize one verse that may be more than all of last year, that is good, you can have one more to meditate upon, to know Him better. I don’t honestly know how I would have been able to survive some of the severest trials in my life if I did not have His Word in “the furnace of affliction.”
What are the SIX Benefits mentioned from the Word of God for your soul and that can be used by you to benefit others?
Which verse will you hide in your heart this week to meditate and apply, pray and ask Him for opportunities to seek to share with someone?